The University of Pittsburgh School of Law (sometimes referred to as Pitt Law) was founded in 1895. It became a charter member of the Association of American Law Schools in 1900. Its primary home facility is the Barco Law Building. The school offers four degrees: Master of Studies in Law, Juris Doctor, Master of Laws for international students, and the Doctor of Juridical Science. The school offers several international legal programs, operates variety of clinics, and publishes several law journals.
According to University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s 2013 ABA-required disclosures, 68% of the Class of 2013 obtained jobs for which either formal bar admission was required or for which a J.D. was an advantage.