The Waseda Institute for Advanced Study was established in September 2006 to enable fixed-term faculty to focus on research activities in a rich research environment. Around 40 researchers have been working on advanced researches in a wide range of themes. The Institute is currently recruiting researchers for AY2016 as Assistant professor or Associate professor.
The details are as follows:
Recruitment Fields: Fields corresponding to Appointment Status: Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (without tenure)
Period of Appointment: Three years from the date of appointment
In principle, it will start from April 1, 2016.
- Persons with a doctorate. It is desirable for the doctorate to have been obtained within 10 years of April 1, 2016.
- Persons who are expected to obtain a doctorate by April 1, 2016.
- Persons with scholarly attainment equivalent to persons who have obtained a doctorate (persons who have completed a full term doctoral course etc.) as of April 1, 2016, and who have research experience at a research institution.
The Institute seeks to broadly recruit researchers who will undertake highly creative research themes that have the potential to identify issues for the future, and carve out new fields of study in the areas of Social Sciences.
(1) The duties at Waseda University will be the sole duties of the researcher.
(2) Place of Work: Waseda University, Tokyo Japan
(3) Other working conditions will be in accordance with regulations of Waseda University.
A salary will be paid in accordance with regulations concerning payment of salary of Waseda University.